Application deadline: varies by country
ClimateLaunchpad is the world’s largest competition for green business ideas. Innovation and invention can pave the way to a clean future. That’s why we create a stage for people with great cleantech ideas and help them develop those ideas into startups with global impact. ClimateLaunchpad is part of Climate-KIC’s entrepreneurship offerings.
To enter the competition, submit your idea or innovation with an environmental impact. ClimateLaunchpad will help you quickly turn this idea into a business and bypass all possible pitfalls along the way. You will learn how to get your idea funded and launched.
Once you are selected to join ClimateLaunchpad, Boot Camp and coaching sessions will help develop your idea into a rock solid plan. You will present it during your national final and regional finals. The winners of each Regional Final will advance to the Global Grand Final.
Even if your idea is on the back of a napkin, you are welcome.
All entries will be reviewed and ideas that fit the bill for our competition will be invited to join.
- Anyone with a promising cleantech idea and dreams of becoming an entrepreneur should join.
- You can be a new start-up, an SME, a researcher, a student, a public body, a consultant, an engineer, a combination of the above or something that does not correspond to a job title.
- Don’t worry if you don’t have a business plan ready
- You have not yet created a business or your company has been incorporated for less than a year (definition: your legal person has not existed for more than 1 year);
The themes are:
- Adaptation and resilience
- Circular economies
- Urban solutions
- Clean energy
- Sustainable mobility
- Food systems
- blue economy
- The next big thing
- Prizes for National and Regional Finals differ by country and region. Of course, there will also be prizes (cash or in-kind) for the winners of the Global Grand Finals. The overall winner of the Global Grand Final receives €10,000, the runner-up €5,000 and the third-place idea wins €2,500.
- The top 16 teams selected by the semi-final jury to participate in the final phase of the global grand final will automatically obtain direct access to the ClimateLaunchpad accelerator.
Once you are accepted to participate in the competition, the games begin:
Stage 1: Boot Camp
The best teams chosen by our national managers* participate in the national ClimateLaunchpad program which starts with a digital Boot Camp lasting several days. Our trainers will teach you everything you need to know about starting your business.
Step 2: Intensive Coaching and National Finals
The Boot Camp is followed by an intensive coaching period. You will perfect your pitch, your value proposition and your business model. After that, you are ready to rock your National Finals where you will digitally pitch a National Jury.
Step 3: Regional Finals
The top teams from each country advance to the regional finals where they face off against the best and brightest in the region. The creme de la creme is chosen to participate in the grand global digital final.
Stage 4: World Grand Final
The best teams in the world compete on the international stage. The overall winner of the World Grand Final receives €10,000, the second place wins €5,000 and the idea that comes in third place wins €2,500.
The top 16 teams selected by the semi-final jury to perform in the final round of the World Grand Final will automatically have direct access to the Climate-KIC ClimateLaunchpad Accelerator.
In addition, the 7 thematic winners of the semi-finals (Top 1 of each theme) will gain access to the Climate Marketplace Dealstream.
How to register:
- You can only enter ClimateLaunchpad in your own the country.
- Apply by completing the application form for which you will answer questions such as the problem you are solving and the climate impact you expect to have.
- No need for a business plan at the moment. We’ll help you strengthen your plan or teach you how to create one.
- Contest Timeline
- Applications open on March 1, 2022
- Online courses and training camps from April to the end of June 2022
- National finals from June to mid-August 2022
- Regional Finals September 2022
- World Grand Final in early November 2022
For more information: