There are many opportunities for men looking to start their own business and earn extra money or gain financial freedom in 2022.
The business ideas for men in this article are some of the most promising opportunities available. We’ll talk about home inspection, event planning and more. So if you’re considering becoming your own boss, read on!
What kind of business can you do as a guy?
There are many profitable small business ideas for men. For example, men have a unique advantage in the business world because we are natural risk takers and are more likely to start our own business.
You’re also in a better position to start a billion dollar business because almost every business in the world was started by men.
22 best small business ideas for men
Looking for profitable small business ideas for men? Whatever your interests or skill level, there’s sure to be a business idea on this list that’s perfect for you to successfully start your own business. Let’s check them:
1. Home inspection
One of the best small business ideas for men is doing home inspections. The demand for home inspector services will only grow as more and more people buy homes.
2. Pressure washing company
The second business idea on this list is to offer pressure washing services. This is a great opportunity for men who are DIY enthusiasts and enjoy working outdoors.
3. Hair salon or salon
Hair salons and hair salons are great local businesses for men. If you’re looking to start your own business in this industry, choose a high-traffic location.
4. Landscaping company
If you have a green thumb, starting a landscaping business may be perfect for you. The start-up investment is relatively low, making it a great option if you’re on a tight budget.
5. House Painting Company
Painting houses can be very profitable for detail-oriented men with a sense of color.
6. Online store
Starting an online store as an e-commerce business requires little investment and can be a great way to reach a global audience.
7. Personal trainer
If you are passionate about fitness, starting a personal training business may be the perfect option for you. You can work out from home or at a local gym.
8. Bakery or catering
If you love food and enjoy earning a lot of money, consider starting a restaurant, bakery, or catering business.
9. Home repair and improvement
Do-it-yourself services are in high demand, which makes home repair and improvement a great business for men. You can start this business with just a few tools.
10. Business Advisor
As a business consultant, you can help small businesses with start-up, marketing, and financial planning. This is a great idea for men who are experts in their field.
11. Cleaning company
A great small business idea is the cleaning business. You can work with residential and commercial clients. This type of business thrives in areas with high turnover, such as college towns.
12. Pet sitting business
Pet sitting is a great business for men who love animals. You can start this business by advertising your services online or through word of mouth.
13. Freelance Content Writing
Freelance writing is great for men who love to write and want to be paid well, but don’t want the responsibility and hassle of setting up their own website.
14. Photography business
Photographers are always in demand. You can shoot portraits, weddings or special events. You can even start a pet photography business.
15. Sewing Business
As a tailor, you can offer your services to both men and women. It’s a great deal for those with an interest in fashion and an eye for detail.
16. Tutoring Business
Are you good at certain subjects? If so, you can start a tutoring business and help students improve their grades.
17. Dropshipping Company
There are countless successful small businesses that use the dropshipping business model to make a lot of profit. It is perfect for those who do not have a lot of money to invest initially.
18. Drone Company
This profitable business idea is perfect for men who are into technology and like to fly drones. This is one of the best business ideas on this list.
19. Solar Company
This activity is in high demand, due to the growing popularity of solar energy. You can install solar panels on homes and businesses.
20. Data Entry Company
It’s a great home business idea for men who have good computer skills and are looking to make money online. You can easily find clients online who need your services.
21. Event Planning Company
If you enjoy planning events, starting this business may be the perfect option for you. You can work with corporate and private clients.
22. Corn Roasting
Corn roasting is a great low-cost business idea for men who like to work outdoors. You can start by setting up a booth at local festivals and fairs.
What are the 5 most successful small businesses?
If you want to increase your chances of success, there are five companies in particular that you should consider.
- Restaurants. With a relatively low start-up cost and high earning potential, it’s a great option for anyone looking to dabble in the world of small business ownership.
- Retail trade. Whether you sell clothes, books, or home goods, a retail store can be a great way to reach your target market.
- Service company. From personal trainers to dog walkers to wedding planners, starting a service business can be a great way to tap into a growing market.
- E-commerce business. With more and more consumers shopping online, this is an ideal option for those looking to reach a global audience.
- Franchise business. If you are looking for an established brand and a proven business model, franchising may be the right option for you.
How to determine if a small business idea is profitable
A crucial factor before starting a business is to ensure that it is a profitable small business idea. Here are four ways to determine if a business idea is profitable:
- Study the market. Before investing time and money in a business, it is important to make sure that there is a market for your product or service.
- Know your costs. A key part of determining if a business is profitable is understanding both your start-up costs and your ongoing costs.
- Understand your pricing strategy. For your business to be profitable, you need to charge enough to cover your costs and leave you with a profit.
- Have a solid marketing strategy. You need to have a solid strategy in place to reach your target market and convince them to buy from you.
More in: Develop an idea