The Service to support families at risk of eviction has served almost 5,200 families in five years

The Service to support families at risk of eviction has served almost 5,200 families in five years

  • The Comprehensive Service to support families at risk of eviction from Castilla y León has served almost 5,200 families in the almost five years it has been in operation and in almost half of the cases (1,145) a restructuring of the debt has been achieved. the financial entities.

This has been explained by the Minister of Family and Equal Opportunities, Alicia García, after signing an agreement to intensify collaboration and speed up temporary access to housing for those people and families in situations of vulnerability or social exclusion.

Throughout this time, said the counselor, agreements have been promoted with financial institutions to address or restructure the debts of these families or alternative formulas have been provided for the loss of the same. Along with this, these families are accompanied in the process of finding solutions to the adverse circumstances they are experiencing by facilitating access to the resources they may need at the same time.

The counselor has indicated that almost half of these families, 48 ​​percent, have had their first contact with Social Services for this reason.

All those families served have received information and advice, not only regarding the mortgage insolvency and how to deal with it, but also how to access other benefits and services.

In this sense, 2,332 derivation actions have been carried out with 1,008 families so that they could benefit from other services or protection systems such as employment, housing, health, free justice, CEAS or Third Sector. It stands out in a special way that in 939 cases the Guaranteed Citizenship Income has been granted as a result of the intervention of the Service.

Regarding the 2,518 cases in which a dialogue with the financial institution has been completed, the results indicate that in 1145 cases, almost half, a restructuring of the debt was achieved; on 154 occasions, the dation in payment; In 468 cases, agreements of other kinds were reached, such as non-execution agreements, suspension of launch, sale, elimination of ground clauses or interest rate reductions.

In addition, in 336 cases it was not necessary to initiate interlocution initiated by an improvement of the situation. For the rest of the cases, 16.5 percent, other social supports were provided.

The importance of the protective action of this service can be seen in the fact that no family served by this service had to face a forced eviction. Also in the high rate of effectiveness of the service, since in 83.5 percent of the cases the dialogue with the banking entities is completed with positive results and in the rest, 16.5 percent of the cases, the solution it comes through other social supports.

Added to this is the high level of coverage achieved in relation to mortgage foreclosures started on private homes in Castilla y León, since since 2016 the number of cases handled far exceeds the foreclosures initiated.

Also, the counselor has highlighted its impact, since Castilla y León is the community with the largest reduction in the number of foreclosures, by 78 percent, between the first half of 2014 and the first half of 2017 (last available interval). This figure is in line with the drop in the number of cases in the Integral Support Service, which has experienced a decrease in its demand of more than 26 percent in the local offices and 19 in the Central Office.

SUPPORT FOR HOUSING

Within the Protection Network, and in relation to support for housing, other types of aid are also included. One of them is the financial benefit in situations of mortgage debt, which is a help aimed at assisting, temporarily and while the situation of social urgency lasts, the mortgage payment, as well as other specific expenses derived from the situation, such as expenses derived from restructuring, lifting of liens or eviction expenses.

Since it was created and up to the present, this type of benefits has been granted to almost 2,900 families for an amount of 1.9 million euros.

Along with this is the economic benefit in front of situations of debt for rent of habitual residence, which is a benefit for the payment of rents in the case that the families in situation of vulnerability are in rent.

In these years it has constituted a third of the total economic aid that is granted, assuming approximately 40 percent of the total amount of the expenditure destined to these aids. From 2013 until the first semester of 2017, the families that have received aids for rent are almost 16,000 for an amount of just over 11 million euros.

Check here more news from Valladolid.